12. There clearly was the possibility he will always pity you, as the something you can’t be is really a white male.
13. He could feel well about causing you to “really” American: assimilated, integrated, intermarried, maybe perhaps not standing aside.
14. He could judge you a lot more harshly to be haughty and on occasion even bitchy than he’d judge a white girl, you should be grateful he picked you because he secretly thinks.
15. If he’s a keeper, he’ll stand up to their mom if he’s got to and also make certain she gets it which you aren’t the “exotic mistress, ” or perhaps a fancy small “touch associated with the tarbrush, ” or some of the other expressions through the television film Queenie that you might view a million times, sitting regarding the sofa with him together with your legs in their lap, even when you complain that Mia Sara “white-washed” the part for the Anglo-Indian Merle Oberon character, a job which should’ve been cast by having an actress of color.
16. However if he’s not a keeper, you may find yourself being forced to think about him being an adventure, and like after some other variety of adventure, you might awaken in a strange sleep having a tattoo in an urgent destination, lips packed with apologies and explanations, however in the finish absolutely no way to excuse marrying somebody you knew, you suspected, was racist deeply down, although you didn’t understand without a doubt, maybe not till the 2016 elections.